How To Get Rid Of A Toothache Fast? (Without Dentist and Medication)
Even worse is that you may not be able to identify the specific cause of
How do you get rid of a toothache? Are you asking yourself this question right now? Good! Don’t worry; you are not alone in this...
Many more people have been tirelessly looking for ways of ending their worst nightmare (
The article has been broken into THREE major parts to help you comprehend it in a much easier way.
These parts are:
- What are the Causes of a Toothache?
- Symptoms of a tootache
- How to get rid of a toothache?
Let’s take a closer look at each of these parts:
What are the Causes of a Toothache?
In this section, I’m going to discuss the main visible causes of a toothache. Let’s see which causes do you have.
- Cavities: Also known as tooth decay or dental caries, Cavities is a disease characterized by holes in the teeth.
It is caused by bacteria which get into the enamel of your tooth and break down the tooth. The end result is damaged enamel, cementum as well as the dentin.
If this disease is not treated on time, it can cause extreme pain, infections, abscess and even death!
See also: Do cavities cause bad breath?
Gingivitis: Gingivitis also highly contributes to toothache. It is a dental disease common in people who don’t brush or floss their teeth regularly.
The disease is characterized by swelling and turning red of your gums. Once you are infected with the disease, you might experience breeding of gums when you are brushing or flossing your teeth.
The disease starts as a small plague but accumulates into a stronger, yellow-brown, cement-like substance at the base of your teeth. If you don’t visit a dentist to have this plague removed, you are likely to experience severe pains.
- Cracked tooth: A cracked tooth is another source of tooth pain. Bad news is that it is not easy to notice a cracked tooth given that you can’t identify it using your naked eyes or the X-ray machines.
A cracked tooth basically exposes tooth nerves to the air, drinks and food you take, resulting into a lot of pain. Failure to treat a cracked tooth may cause it to break off at the gum.
- Tobacco: Do you often chew tobacco? Or do you smoke the same? If yes, you might soon start getting unbearable tooth pains.
This stems from the fact that chewing tobacco eats away your teeth, leaving them completely damaged.
Smoking tobacco too, eats away your teeth only that it is slower compared to chewing.
- Dental treatment: The dental treatment can result into a toothache. If you have at one time undergone a crown or filling treatment, there are high chances that the dental equipment used for the process will cause pain to you later in life.
Dental treatment also contributes to toothache when the filling pops out or the crown comes out. As such, the only option is revisiting your dentist.
- Pulp irritation: Pulp is the connective living tissue of your teeth whose main task involves supplying blood and nerves to the teeth.
Irritation of the pulp occurs whenever bacteria invade it, leading to exposure of nerves and hence pain. Dental treatment can also contribute to pulp irritation in terms of the material used for the crown or filling.
- Exposure of Root or Nerve: The main reason behind exposed root and nerves of your teeth is exerting a lot of energy hen brushing your teeth.
Many people brush their teeth with too much vigor hoping to make them cleaner. Instead, this makes your gums draw back, turn red, become swollen and even cause infection. Eventually, the root and the nerves are exposed and a stinging pain sets in.
- Sinus infection: A sinus infection can also cause referral pain to your teeth which gives you a sharp pain similar to that of a toothache.
See also: Post Nasal Drip Bad Breath
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: Abbreviated as TMJ, this disorder involves aching of the hinge that connects your jaw and check bones. The joint usually enhances smooth movement of upper and lower jaws.
A person suffering from TMJ may experience difficulties when yawning, eating or talking. The disorder also spreads to the ears, subjecting you to more pain.
- Gum recession: Gum recession occurs when the protective gum layer that covers the dentine recedes away leading to exposure of the inner, less protective gum layer. As such, the nerves will be closer to the surface and will respond to cold and hot temperatures. In other words, your teeth become highly sensitive.
- Poor Dental Hygiene: Adopting a poor dental hygiene such as taking processed food, poor diet, foods with high sugar content, leading stressful lifestyles etc, have been shown to cause severe teeth problems as well.
What are the Symptoms of Toothache?
Top signs and symptoms that clearly show you have a toothache include:
- Tooth pain that is sharp, constant or throbbing
- Jaw pain
- Pain when chewing
- Hot or cold sensitivity
- Swelling around teeth or swelling of jaw or cheek
- Redness of gums
- Fever or headache
- A foul-tasting discharge from gums or around the teeth
Sharp tooth pain: Jaw pain and tooth pain that is sharp, constant or throbbing are the main complaints. If this pain is severe and lasts for more than one day, it’s clear you have a toothache.
Pain when chewing: This could be caused by the aforementioned TMJ disorder which is one of the top causes of tooth pain.
Hot or cold sensitivity: This is as a result of exposure of root and nerves, making your teeth more sensitive to hot or cold drinks, food and air.
Swelling around teeth or swelling of jaw or cheek: Swelling is another common sign that you are suffering from a toothache. It is usually caused by dental diseases such as gingivitis.
Redness of gums: Gums usually turn red due to gingivitis, dental decay as well as gum recession.
Fever or a headache: Sometimes severe pain in your tooth may result to headaches as well as fever.
A foul-tasting discharge from gums or around the teeth: The activity of bacteria that has invaded your tooth causes this awful discharge to come from the tooth
Now, it’s time to learn the ways to get rid of a toothache fast…
How to Get Rid of a Toothache Fast?
You must have been waiting for this part to learn how to eliminate
In this article, therefore, we are going to focus only the most effective ways of ending tooth pain.
These methods are:-
Use of Dentist be Damned
Dentist Be Damned, a product specifically made to help you get rid of your toothache, has come to your rescue by showing you how NOT to visit the dentist whenever you have a toothache.
Do you have a dentist phobia? Do you prefer to endure the tooth pain rather than visit the dentist for fear of the consequences? If yes, you might consider yourself lucky today as in the next few seconds you are going to make a great discovery on how to end our pain without involving a dentist.
So, What Exactly is Dentist Be Damned?
Dentist Be Damned is a program that has been developed by Alice Barnes, an expert researcher in the dentistry field, to help you maintain perfect dental health as well as get rid of a toothache by working on the root cause of the pain without necessarily visiting the dentist.
The program comes in an easy to download eBook and is accessible to all devices that support pdf formatted documents e.g. smartphones, iPads, tablets and so on.
The product is highly useful as it reveals to you all the myths surrounding toothache that you might have come across. Additionally, it gives you access to different ways of taking care of your teeth- the secret to a million dollar smile!
Some of the content you will have access to after investing in this product include:
- First, the product gives you an effective permanent cure for all your toothache problems.
This means that the program does not only help you end your
painbut it also helps you ends the bacteria that causes the infections.
This is a great way to stop dental compilations such as root canal which might cost you thousands of dollars later.
- You will also get to know a natural supplement that gets rid of accumulated dental plague, giving you the perfect smile you have always wished for.
- You will learn about an important probioctic that has been shown to be of benefit to the gastrointestinal system but can cause tooth cavities.
- Dentist Be Damned will also let you know about a unique ingredient that eliminates cavity-causing bacteria completely from your teeth. This way, you will say goodbye to cavities and gum diseases.
- The program alerts you about a cavity-causing ingredient found in dental products such as toothpaste ad mouthwash that the public has not been made aware of.
- A simple, safe and working regimen that you can sue to cure cavities forever.
Remember that these are just highlights of the program. If you buy the program today, you will be able to enjoy
Other than the main product, this program also comes with a few other bonus features to help you achieve the best dental health, all at the same price.
The extra features you will enjoy from the Dentist BE Damned are:
- A digital book on How to Avoid Sores Quickly: in this book you will get to know how you can get rid of the painful sores much faster.
- Another digital book on How to Get Rid of Bad Breath Forever: this manual is all you need to have a natural fresh breath today.
So, what are you waiting for?
- The program recommends natural ingredients only. Taking the ingredients therefore will not have any side effects on your overall body health.
- It gives you the best alternative to visiting a dentist for treatment of toothache. This is a great way for you to save money.
- It is easy to access- the fact that the program is offered online means that you can access it at all times and at any place, using your handheld devices. Also, you don’t have to worry about the shipping process.
- The product creator gives you a 2 month 100% money back guarantee- this allows you to return the program and get a full refund of your cash if the product does not work for you.
- Depending on your location, it may be impossible to access some of the ingredients recommended in the program.
- If you don't follow all the guidelines you may not get yourself rid of your toothache. You have to follow each guideline
- Digital product
- Results may vary
Getting rid of a toothache without visiting the dentist have never been this easier. Buy your version of Dentist Be Damned today at a pocket-friendly price and achieve the dental hygiene you have been dreaming of.
Home Remedies for a Toothache
Here's a short video that I made for this post. It talks about the home remedies for a toothache. Have a look:
Garlic: Garlic has for a long time been used to treat toothaches due to its powerful antibacterial compound known as allicin. It is this compound that makes up garlic’s antibiotic properties.
If you apply garlic powder or crushed garlic clove to the area under pain, the garlic uses its antibiotic properties to slow the activity of the bacteria on the tooth and hence relieve you the pain. Repeat the process for a few days for the best results.
If you have a feeling that you are having garlic breath then you can read this – How to get rid of garlic breath?
Oil Pulling: This remedy traces its roots to the ancient Ayurvedic medicine and it involves swishing some oil in your mouth. The commonly used oils are sunflower and sesame oils.
To use this remedy, take a tablespoon of any of these oils into your mouth and swirl for around 15-20 minutes. The remedy takes away the toothache within days.
Cloves: Cloves too have been used to treat teeth problems due to their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. All these properties are attributed to euqgenol, a compound found in the cloves.
The best way to take clove remedy is in from of clove oil. Simply dab the oil on the area with the help of a cotton wool. Also you can mix 2-4 drops of the oil in a ¼ glass of water and swish the mixture around your mouth.
Pepper & Salt: Do you have sensitive that always reacts to cold and hot temperatures?
Good, pepper and salt can be a great remedy for you. The two components have antibacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory characteristics which will go a long way in eliminating your problem.
Simply mix equal quantities of the two compounds with a few drops of water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the area and give it a few minutes. Repeat the process for several days to obtain the best results.
Turmeric: Turmeric, widely known for its pain relieving abilities, comes with anti-bacterial and antiseptic characteristics to help take away your tooth pain.
Simply mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a few drops of purified water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area with the help of a cotton wool. You can improve the remedy by mixing the paste with manuka honey or cayenne.
Hydrogen Peroxide: If none of the above home remedies for toothache have worked for you so far, you can try hydrogen peroxide, a popular remedy that have always been praised for its efficiency when it comes to doing away with tooth pain.
To utilize this remedy, simply put half a tablespoon of Hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration) in your mouth and hold it for a few minutes. Repeat this process two times a day.
Warm Salty Warer: Though it seems like a simple remedy, a glass of warm salty water is great for reducing inflammations and swellings, and fighting bacteria that causes infection.
Adding half tablespoon of common salt into a glass containing hot water and thoroughly rinsing your mouth with it does the trick.
Asafetida: Asafetida makes a great natural remedy for treating common dental problems such as bleeding games and toothaches.
To make asafetida remedy, add a pinch of its powder to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and slightly warm it. Using a cotton pad, apply the solution on the affected tooth.
The remedy will work in a very short time relieving you off the pain you are experiencing. Also, you can put asafetida that has been fried in clarified butter to the tooth cavity to get instant relief.
Green tea leaves: One of the many health benefits of green tea is healing your tooth pain. The green tea leaves are packed with catechin, acid tannic and floral which can enhance the health of your teeth. Wash fresh leaves and chew them for around 5 minutes. For the best results, repeat this process for about 2-3 times a day.
Peppermint tea: Peppermint steals a place in our list of top home remedies for toothache owing to its numbing power in addition to a nice flavor. Add a teaspoon of dried peppermint leave into a cup of hot water.
Steep it for about 20 minutes. When the tea has cooled down, swish it around your mouth and then spit it/swallow it. Repeat this process regularly.
Ice: Yes, you heard it right; Ice is another simple remedy for doing away with tooth pain by helping numb the nerves.
To use ice to heal toothache, place a small ice cube in a plastic bag and wrap a thin cloth around the bag. Apply the bag to the infected area for around 15 minutes. Also, you can move the bag on the cheek over the aching tooth.
Another alternative is to massage your hand using an ice cube. This sends a string of “cold” signals to the brain which might the override the pain signals being dispatched from the brain.
Try this alternative by wrapping the ice cube in a thin cloth and gently massage it in the fleshy areas between the thumb and the forefinger.
Myrrh: Myrrh has astringent effects that helps fight inflammation. On top of this, the compound can also help kill bacteria.
Simmer a teaspoon of myrrh powder in 2 cups of water for around 30 minutes and allow the mixture to cool. Rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of this solution in a cup of water for about 5-6 times each day.
Now you have it- a full list of causes, symptoms and the treatment methods for a toothache. With all this information at hand, it’s easy to prevent a toothache by maintaining the right dental hygiene, determine the cause of a toothache and even stop the pain using the effective solutions outlined.
Do you know any other methods of getting rid of a toothache? Please feel free to share those in the comment. 🙂