How To Keep Your Breath Fresh (11 Easy Ways)
If there is something that anyone wants is their mouth to always smell fresh. However, this is not always the case. Having a fresh breath boosts your level of confidence. Many of us admit suppressing our good speaking communication skills being afraid of our bad breath. It cannot be denied that most of us always remain conscious and maintain distance from colleagues and friends to avoid any cases of embarrassment. This can sometimes seriously affect self-esteem and social relationship.
Unhealthy eating habits, irregular brushing and flossing, certain medications and illness are some of the reasons that cause unpleasant breath. Other factors include dry mouth, chewing tobacco and medical disorder
Importance of Having a Good Breath
There are plenty of reasons why having good breath is important. To begin with, having a fresh breath boosts your confidence. This is because you do not have to worry about shielding your mouth when speaking to others. You can trust your breath and therefore, express your point without fear. It also shows that you are healthy. Sometimes bad breath can be a sign of an underlying health condition.
All of us appreciate to have a pleasant conversation with fresh breath. Here we bring you some of the useful tips and tricks about how to keep your breath fresh and keep your conversation delightful as well. Give your confidence a boost and enjoy your life to the fullest.
1. Brushing: The first step to oral hygiene is regular brushing of your teeth. Dentist recommends brushing teeth daily at least twice a day to remove food particles and germs from the mouth. Remember to choose the right toothbrush with soft bristles, sleek and flexible head to cover all corners of your mouth. Toothbrush disfigures and bristles damage with use. Always replace damaged toothbrush with a new one to ensure you do not miss the corners of your mouth while brushing.
Here is our recommended toothbrushes for you:
|Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush||Oral-B||D 36.535.5 X WH||N/A||2014-07-10|
|Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black||Philips Sonicare||HX9352/04||FULL TWO-YEAR WARRANTY||2013-10-01|
|BLACK 7000 SmartSeries Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush Powered by Braun||Oral-B||0069055124666||2 Year LimitedWarranty. Warranty includes replacement or repair of product. Proof of date of purchase is required (Full details inside of pack.). For guarantee/warranty, consumer is responsible for product return costs. Terms and conditions apply.||2015-04-02|
2. Choose the right toothpaste: If your tooth paste is of inferior quality or not as per your dental requirement you might not get a fresh feeling. Hence it is important to select the right toothpaste that contains the essential ingredients in right proportion for good dental health. For example, if cavities are a cause of your unpleasant breath then anti-cavity toothpaste will meet your need. Toothpaste with high fluoride content can cause some serious damage to teeth.
Useful tip: Reading the ingredients on the tube’s label can help you select the right toothpaste.
We suggest you to use TheraBreath Dentist Recommended Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Toothpaste.
3. Don’t forget your tongue: Many people think only brushing and flossing are good practices of oral hygiene. But the fact is most of the bacteria’s are accumulated on the tongue. Remember to scrape your tongue each time you brush your teeth. Take care not to be too harsh instead glide the tongue cleaner smoothly over your tongue. Using the tongue cleaner start reaching the back of your tongue as much as you can and glide gently up to the tongue’s outer tip to clean completely.
Useful tip: Select a tongue cleaner with smooth edges to avoid bruising your tongue. Remember to replace it with a new one just as you replace your old toothbrush.
We suggest you to use Dr.Tongue’s Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner.
4. Floss regularly: Regular flossing of teeth removes food particles stuck between teeth that cannot be removed by just brushing. Regular flossing removes minute food particles stuck between teeth and prevents plague
Useful tip: If you find it difficult to floss your teeth, do not hesitate to take the help of dental professionals.
Our suggestion is Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser. It is 52% more effective for removing plaque and it gives you a healthier gum in just 14 days.
5. Reach for mouthwash: Mouthwash is probably the final thing you want to add to your oral hygiene. Mouthwash reaches each and every corner of your mouth to swish away germs that brushing and flossing cannot. It is one of the best ways to give you a feel of instant freshness.
Useful tip1: Just place a small bottle of mouthwash in your bag and carry it to your workplace. You can always quickly rinse your mouth after a meal or before any anticipated long meeting for a fresh breath.
Useful tip 2: Homemade mouthwash can be equally effective in gently cleaning away germs and trapped food particles. Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt in warm water for a quick rinse and long fresh breath.
6. Say yes to aromatic and green foods: While chewing gums and mouth sprays can be helpful to temporarily keep your mouth fresh, there are several aromatic spices that can give you long-lasting breath. The essential oils of these spices kill the bacteria in mouth and impart fresh breath. Consumption of green leafy vegetables can considerable promotes fresh breath. The green substance, chlorophyll fights bad bacteria in mouth and keeps your mouth fresh. Here are some of the spices and green veggies that can give you fresh pleasant breath for a longer time
- Green cardamom
- Mint leaves
- Fenugreek leaves
- Star anise
- Ginger root
7. Keep a watch on strong flavor foods: Foods such as garlic and onion enhance the flavor of dishes, not your pleasant breath. Strong flavor of garlic and onion cannot be removed by any mouth wash or brushing and can cause unpleasant breath.
Useful tip: It is the best idea to comfortably enjoy garlic during Saturdays when you are at home. By Monday morning the strong garlic odor would diminish naturally.
8. Reach for water: The saliva keeps your mouth moist and neutralizes acids that are produced by plaque. It also acts as a natural cleaner by removing dead cells accumulated in the gums, teeth and tongue. It is important to keep the mouth moist to prevent a formation of bacteria. Drinking adequate water is the best way to always keep your mouth moist and prevent dry mouth.
How much water should you drink? Well, it depends on how active you are during the day. Mayo Clinic suggests men to drink at list 3 liters and women to drink at list 2.2 liters of water per day. There are some apps which remind you to drink adequate water. We suggest HydroCoach for Android devices and Waterlogged for iOS.
9. Quit smoking: Smoking can actually dry out mouth by squeezing the blood vessels in the mouth. This restricts the flow of saliva leading to dry mouth and provides a ground for bacterial growth.
10. Have your breakfast: Studies reveal that skipping breakfast can also cause bad breath. Having a healthy breakfast stimulates the production of saliva and gently cleans the bacteria from mouth
11. Have regular dental checkups: There is a well-known saying, “A stitch in time saves nine.” Making regular visits to dentist ensures that your teeth and gums are in a healthy condition. It also helps to detect any dental problem at an early stage. Dental problems, when treated on time, can save your teeth as well as your money. Many teeth problems when treated at an early stage can be cured and prevents the pain of tooth extraction and artificial tooth replacement.
Do you think we missed anything? We would highly appreciate this if you let us know by commenting below.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/ibreathbad/public_html/wp-content/themes/focusblog/inc/configs/theme-options.php on line 384