Growing technology has made our lives easier and electronic rechargeable toothbrushes are one of them. Sonicare toothbrushes designed with updated innovative features are a great way to ensure superior oral hygiene.
Whether you have yellow teeth, sensitive teeth or implants, Sonicare toothbrush can meet all your requirements ensuring a complete oral health. All you need to do is just select the right toothbrush. Here is a comprehensive review of the best sonicare toothbrush in 2017.
Best Sonicare Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
We have picked the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean as the best one for you. Designed with Sonic technology, the toothbrush delivers up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute to ensure complete teeth cleaning, improved oral health and reveal whiter teeth within just one week.
Here is how the toothbrush works on your teeth.
Diamond clean action- Designed with proven Sonicare technology, the toothbrush offers up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute to clean every corner of teeth, scrape plaque by 7x and pull out stains to brighten teeth within just 1 week.
Superior five modes- The product offers five cleaning modes that include
- Clean: The two-minute clean mode offers outstanding everyday clean. This is the most common feature that most people use.
- White: The two-minute white mode works on teeth to pull out stains followed by 30 seconds special strokes to polish and brighten the front teeth.
- Polish: Polish mode works to brighten and polish teeth to reveal a radiant smile.
- Gum care: The gum care mode offers an additional minute where the gums are gently stimulated and massaged for healthy gums
- Sensitive: The sensitive mode offers gentle cleaning of sensitive teeth and gums. If you have sensitive teeth than this feature is for you.
This video gives you more details about this Sonicare toothbrush:
Smart timer with quadpacer- The combination of smart timer and quadpacer ensures clean mouth. The first mode ensures dentist recommended full two minutes of brushing while the second mode beeps in every 30 seconds interval for through brushing off the mouth’s four quadrants.
Illuminated display- The toothbrush features a cool sleek handle with an illuminated display for easy viewing.
Hassle-free charging- Diamond clean comes with a conduction technology charging glass and a USB charging travel case to ensure easy charging. The toothbrush can be charged in the charging glass or through the provided USB. Carry the toothbrush easily in the travel case and recharge easily by connecting to a laptop. The rechargeable battery when charged, can last up to three weeks.
Where it falls short?
- The charging glass requires regular cleaning else the accumulated bacteria on it can stick to the toothbrush handle while charging.
- The handle contains only 1 button for all the modes, hence, while using the toothbrush switching on between modes is to be done with the toothbrush in the mouth unless you want the toothpaste to splatter around.
- The diamond clean does not contain UV cleaner.
- The toothbrush offers only two brush heads.
- Battery level is not displayed
What is the bottom line?
The Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean provides radiant smile within 1 week. It removes tough stains from teeth, cleans tight in-between spaces, offers 5 customized cleaning modes, ensures hassle free charging and can be easily carried in the provided travel case while traveling.
Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus
We picked up Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus as the runner-up. The dentist no. 1 recommended toothbrush specially designed with flexcare features gently cleans the teeth, soft spots and gumline to reveal healthier gums within 2 weeks. Unique patent Sonic technology stimulates and clean gums protecting against gingivitis. Now let us take you to the important features of the product.
Gentle and effective cleaning action- Powerful Sonicare technology creates effective sweeping motion to clean even tight spaces between teeth and gumline thus fighting plaque beside stimulating the gums. This ensures cleaner and healthier mouth without being harsh on the gums.
Secure gum health- Gentle cleaning action cleans teeth and gum with less bleeding for a comfortable brushing experience. The clinically proven toothbrush improves gum health within two weeks, fights gingivitis, plaque and improves overall oral health.
Five brush modes- The multiple modes allow customized brushing experience to meet personal needs. Here is how it works:
- The gum care mode supports dentist recommended two minutes of brushing then followed by one minute of gentle cleaning in the problem areas of the gumline. This ensures complete gum care and minimizes various gum problems including recession, bleeding and inflammation.
- The massage mode utilizes patented technology in order to drive fluids amid tight teeth corners to clean bacteria, remove plaque followed by gum stimulation to promote better gum health.
- The clean mode offers complete mouth cleaning whereas the refresh mode offers quick cleanings and touch-ups amid regular brushings. Sensitive mode cleans mouth with sensitive teeth.
Here’s a quick unboxing video of Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus:
Illuminated display- This ensures easy visual display of the selected mode and turns off when not in use.
Pro-result brush head- Standard ProResults brush head and Compact ProResults brush head thoroughly cleans to remove plaque and mouth germs.
Smart timer with quadpacer and easy startup- It ensures complete 2 minutes cleaning covering all the quadrants of mouth. The easy startup feature can be used to gently increase power for the first 12 brushing regimes.
Brush head with UV sanitizer- The brush head features an inbuilt ultraviolet sanitizer to sanitize the brush head killing up to 99% bacteria. If you are looking for a stand-alone UV toothbrush sanitizer then click here to see my post about it.
Where it falls short?
- The set does not contain charging case, USB cable and USB wall plug
What is the bottom line?
The clinically proven Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus helps to prevent gum problems and improves complete oral health within two weeks. Its unique user-friendly design, contoured brush head provides comfortable brushing experience while the five brush modes enables customizable use as per need. The UV sanitizer helps to keep the brush head completely clean by killing 99% bacteria. The rechargeable toothbrush works for three weeks on single charging.
Philips Sonicare Essence
Philips Sonicare Essence toothbrush is the second runner up in our list. If you are on budget and still want to take care of your teeth and gums using the electric toothbrushes, then Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush should be you number option!
The product is pretty cheap; it’s actually the most affordable product in the Sonicare brand. Apart from being a very affordable toothbrush, the product has all the features you need in any other electric toothbrush.
The Essence can be the right deal for you if you have the most sensitive of teeth and gums. Want to know how? Then read on:
Gentle Sonic cleaning technology – With its gentle cleaning technology, the Essence can be comfortably used on sensitive teeth, implants and braces without out compromising on total oral care. The blend of gentle strokes, sweeping motion and right pressure ensures full cleaning even amid tight areas of the teeth.
Comfortable design – The toothbrush head with angled neck, smooth and contoured bristles with round ends easily reaches every corner of your mouth and tight spaces in-between teeth for easier and comfortable cleaning, removes plaque and minimizes gingivitis. Soft touch blue grip makes the brush easy to hold.
Easy start and Smart timer – The easy start feature gradually increases power over the initial 12 weeks use for easy adjustment. Smooth rounded bristle work with high speed to deliver dynamic cleaning action with the right pressure taking extra care of sensitive teeth. Smart timer encourages full 2 minutes brushing.
Warranty – It has full two-year warranty in case you experience failures in the functionality of the toothbrush.
Here’s a quick review of Philips Sonicare Toothbrush from youtube:
Where it falls short?
- The toothbrush does not contain UV sanitizer, quad pacer, charging glass and USB cable.
- The series includes 1 brush head
- Essence runs only for 2 weeks after its full charging, unlike the above two models that run for 3 weeks.
What is the bottom line?
The Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 is especially suitable for a sensitive mouth. If you had recent teeth implant or use braces and teeth fittings then this is the one for you. The toothbrush takes complete care of sensitive teeth and gums, cleans tight corners of in-between, and gently works on gum line to give a clean mouth with less inflammation and bleeding.
The rechargeable toothbrush works for two weeks on a single charging. But here is the kicker: The toothbrush offers complete 2 years warranty and 90 days cash back guarantee.
Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Toothbrush
Unlike a regular conventional manual toothbrush, Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric Toothbrush allows for a superior clean. This new version of Philip Sonicare helps to maintain your winning smile by thoroughly removing plaque and bacteria from hard to reach places.
Furthermore, it delivers up to 31000 strokes every minute with thorough dynamic fluid action. This, in turn, allows for a deep clean in between teeth and along the gumline. It ensures you have a radiant smile and a clean mouth for a longer duration of time. So here is a quick review of the product:
Sonic Technology: This product uses dynamic cleaning action for a superior clean. Unlike a conventional manual brush, it effectively and gently reaches tough areas in the mouth for a much better clean.
The sonic technology delivers 31000 strokes of brush every minute. Furthermore, it is also gentle and safe on orthodontics, implant material, veneers, dental crowns and braces. It removes plaque build-up and bacteria in between wires, and ensures a cleaner mouth.
This feature does not exist in conventional manual toothbrushes, thereby providing a great edge to this product.
Simplifies Brushing And Space In Your Bathroom: The easy start feature of this product simplifies the users brushing requirements. It slowly increases the power of the toothbrush over the initial 14 uses as the user eases into this brushing experience.
This, in turn, gets the user used to this product and makes sure they have a comfortable brushing experience every time. In addition to this, it does not occupy much space in your bathroom and is extremely easy to store.
Exquisite Brush Head Design: For optimal plaque and bacteria removal, the bristles of the brush are curved in such a way that they match the shape of the user’s teeth. The long power tuft present at the top of the toothbrush cleans tough areas in the mouth where the manual toothbrush cannot reach. The high bristle count further helps to maintain continuous contact with the user’s teeth for better cleaning.
Furthermore, the product works wonders in removing more tooth decay, and thereby mitigates the risk of cavities.
Better Plaque Control: The snap-on plaque control ProResults feature allows for a superior clean that rips out up to six times more bacteria and plaque than a conventional manual toothbrush. That is why it is recommended by healthcare experts and dentists all across the globe. The dynamic cleaning action of this product helps to drive fluids in between teeth to completely rip out even the toughest of plaque build-up.
Indication To Restock: The color of the toothbrush turns to white in order to indicate that it is time to restock the brush. All thanks to its snap-on design. The brush is extremely comfortable and easy to hold with its intrinsic grip and ergonomic design. Both the handle and the brush head of this product are made up of easy to clean material for a completely gunk free brushing.
Other Features: It includes 1 rechargeable brush, 1 charger, and 1 plaque control toothbrush head. The two-color battery charger of the product indicates the user when is the exact need to recharge it. In addition to this, it offers 2 weeks of battery life for an extended use. Furthermore, the smart timer of the product encourages 2 minutes of dentist recommended mouth cleaning.
- Removes 6 Times More Bacteria And Plaque Build-Up
- Prevents Tooth Decay And Cavities
- Snap-On Head For Ease Of Use
- Sonic Technology
- Ergonomic Design And Intrinsic Grip For More Comfort
- 2 Week Battery Life
- Healthier Teeth And Gums
- Brighter Smile
- The Brush Heads Of This Product Are Not Covered
This product is recommended by professionals as the world’s best plaque removal brush.The customizable brushing experience that it offers helps you to adjust the toothbrush according to your convenience. This feature is absent from all the traditional manual toothbrushes.
Furthermore, It is clinically proven to remove 6 times more bacteria and plaque build-up as compared to manual toothbrushes. It is specially designed to cover up all the flaws of the manual brush so that you can enjoy the best brushing experience. Yes,this product certainly offers a cleaner mouth, and a whiter and brighter smile. So do not wait any longer, and make it a part of your dental hygiene regimen right away!
Phillips Sonicare Easy clean
Other that great prices, the toothbrush, which comprises of a basic model, bears some great features to facilitate 100 clean teeth and gums
Some of these features include a two-minute timer to ensure that you brush your teeth for not more than 2 minutes only as your dentist advises you.
Above all, the toothbrush will permanently kick out plaque from your mouth and make your gums healthier and stronger.
How Effective is The Top Sonicare toothbrush For Receding Gums?
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is the kind of electric toothbrush that you don’t want to miss if you truly suffer from receding gums. It’s a toothbrush created by manufacturers who fully understand what it is like to take good care of your receding gums.
If you start using this toothbrush today, in a matter of two weeks or 14 days you’ll be boasting of the healthiest gums ever- as it has been clinically proven.
In addition to promoting healthy gums, the toothbrush has been proved to be 100% more effective than the normal toothbrush in flushing out plaque from all the tricky areas of your mouth, keeping you safe from dangerous dental diseases such as gingivitis and gum disease.
Teeth whitening is also possible within the first week of using the toothbrush.
How Effective is It For Plaque
One of the things you’ll look in every new electric toothbrush is its ability to destroy plaque that is building up on your teeth. Apparently, Philips Sonicare DiamondClean carries out this task exemplary well.
Clinical studies conducted on the product to prove its prowess in flushing out plaque from your teeth shows that it has the capability of destroying up to 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
The toothbrush’s high efficiency is attributed to the five unique cleaning modes it presents you with. The unique design of its bristles ensures that the brush reaches and cleans all the areas of your teeth, including those that a manual toothbrush has difficulties accessing.
What About Sensitive Teeth?
The toothbrush is also equal to the task of taking care of your sensitive teeth.
After testing this product on your sensitive teeth, you will rally have to agree with me that its designer had your condition in mind when designing it! Simply use the Sensitive Cleaning mode and you’ll truly like the amazing soothing feeling the bristles leaves on your sensitive teeth after carefully cleaning them.
How Effective is It for braces?
If you have braces fixed on your teeth and you are on a hunting spree for a suitable electric toothbrush to clean them, it’s time to pause and test the best electric toothbrush for braces! Trust me, you’ll never look back after using this product to clean your braces.
One of the unique things that set this toothbrush from the others when it comes to cleaning your braces is that its bristles can easily coil around and over the braces and clean them. On top of this, they can easily reach your teeth (behind the braces) as well as the gums and thoroughly clean them.
With Sonicare’s best electric toothbrush available to you at fair prices, there is no excuse as to why you should not be taking good care of your teeth and gums. This is irrespective of whether you have braces fixed on your teeth, you have sensitive teeth, receding gums and so on. The toothbrush will take care of all your specific dental needs!
Benefits Of A Sonicare Toothbrush Over A Manual Toothbrush
As much as normal toothbrushes are still the cheapest option in the market, Sonicare toothbrushes have been clinically approved to be more effective for dental care. The brush has been tested to give better results of whiter teeth by reducing stains such as coffee and tobacco stains.
Typically, achieving an even mouth cleaning can really be hard with a regular toothbrush. With the introduction of electric toothbrushes, dental cleaning has become simpler. Inadequate mouth cleaning can lead to bad breath, a symptom of food accumulation and plaque in the mouth.
Actually, Small Kids are the most beneficiaries of the electric toothbrushes, because they lack the much strength required by regular toothbrushes for efficient mouth cleaning.
Combined with regular flossing and mouth washing, Sonicare toothbrush can give a relatively awesome dental protection. It ensures deep and thorough cleaning of the whole mouth including the tongue, teeth and gum sections.
The new Sonicare Elite Brush-head comes with a superior cleaning technology adopting extra gentle bristles combining of soft, extra-soft and super-soft end rounded bristles. The following comparison brings out some of the benefits of a Sonicare toothbrush over a manual toothbrush.
Sonicare toothbrush is more effective in the prevention of dry mouth than a manual toothbrush. This is because it stimulates saliva which prevents tooth decay.
- Sonicare toothbrush is more powerful and has gentle bristles than the normal toothbrush. This is because of its sonic technology, hence self-brushing action. This makes Sonicare the best effective toothbrush for removing food particles that stays between the teeth causing plaque. Normally, plaque leads to the development of gum disease and gingivitis.
- Sonicare toothbrushes have been proved to be more effective for orthodontic patients than a manual toothbrush. This is because they are powerful hence advanced cleaning action for braces and even dental implants.
- With Sonicare toothbrush, most of the cleaning work is done for you. Thanks to its self-brushing action hence you don’t necessarily have to do manual scrubbing while manual brushes require you to apply more effort in scrubbing for better cleaning of your mouth.
- Normal toothbrushes require toothpaste for better mouth cleaning. While with Sonicare you can do mouth cleaning even without a toothpaste though gel toothpaste is recommended for better results.
- Sonicare uses less amount of toothpaste than the manual toothbrush. When using Sonicare toothbrush, you require just nearly half the amount of toothpaste you normally use on the regular toothbrushes.
- Sonic toothbrush heads are relatively smaller and the brush is capable of evenly distributing toothpaste in the bristles. Manual toothbrushes have bigger toothbrush heads making it difficult to evenly spread toothpaste.
- Sonicare toothbrush allows for customization of brushing actions whereas the normal toothbrush does not. The brush is designed with varied brushing modes and you can set it to either short-time or long-time brushing. You can select your brushing mode by continuously pressing the power button until you reach your target brushing style.
- Sonicare toothbrush lasts longer than the manual toothbrush. It is designed to last longer for a period of approximately seven years or more. It comes with a rechargeable battery. Normal toothbrushes are supposed to be renewed after every three months according to most dentists’ recommendations.
Choosing the right Sonicare toothbrush can be tricky. The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean ensures whiter teeth within a week. It comes with 5 brushing modes, charging glass, USB cable and travel case for easy charging even during travels.
However the charging glass requires everyday cleaning, battery level is not indicated and the brush contains only 1 button for the five modes hence changing between modes can be little uncomfortable. The Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus ensures healthier teeth and gums within 2 weeks. Its 5 cleaning modes take care of sensitive teeth and gum for comfortable cleaning experience with reduces in gum bleeding and inflammation.
Gentle cleaning action stimulates gums and completely cleans mouth preventing gum problems. Its UV sanitizer brush head ensures superior hygiene. Philips Sonicare Essence is a great choice for sensitive teeth and gums. It works great even with braces and implants.
The brush removes plaques 2x better than normal toothbrush thus minimizing dental problems and gingivitis. Contoured bristles and angled neck reaches tight spaces amid teeth and every corner of the mouth while soft grip handle gives a comfortable grip throughout brushing.