Most people out there do not use an UV toothbrush sanitizer and use filthy toothbrushes. I congratualte you on your interest to get the best one available.Brushing your teeth is necessary for ensuring oral hygiene and health. Experts in dental health, recommend that you should brush your teeth at least twice a day. But, most propose that you should brush your set of choppers, after every meal.
If this is possible, it can benefit your teeth a great deal. With time, your toothbrush gets old; no wonder doctors recommend that you should replace the toothbrush after every 2 to 3 months.
However, what most people do not know is that your toothbrush is a great harbor for microorganism, which can work against your teeth. To avoid this, you need to use UV toothbrush sanitizers. They are available in stores online. But, which is the best?
Below are some handpicked ones in order of their efficiency. Read on!
1. The Best One – Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer
This is the best UV toothbrush sanitizer, most effective and promising,. By using an innovative UV technology, Phillips Sonicare UV Sanitizer dislodges and breaks down about 99% of bacteria, which may have sheltered in your toothbrush. You just press down the button and the sanitizer cleans the toothbrush head to its hilt. Ten minutes is all you will need to sanitize your toothbrush. It is chemical-free and it has been proven highly efficient. It works best with all rechargeable brands.It gives your toothbrush all around clean and it can hold two e series toothbrushes at the same time.It has over 180 happy customer reviews on amazon. You can rely on this reviews. After all, this many people can’t be wrong. 🙂
- The sanitizer uses a chemical-free technology (UV) to remove bacteria from toothbrushes.
- It is capable of killing at least 99% of microbes.
- It cleans thoroughly- the reflector light covers the entire toothbrush head, ensuring that no bacteria are left standing.
- It works instantly, with just a touch of a button the sanitizer removes most of the bacteria in the toothbrush, leaving it fully sanitized.
- It shuts off automatically after the cleaning cycle of 10 minutes.
- Storage and a set of toothbrush heads
- You can use waterpik brush heads too
- It is expensive than other conventional sanitizers, some of which, are readily available in your kitchen pantry or drug cabinet such as mouth wash.
- The sanitizer may take up space in your bathroom cabinets.
Phillips Sonicare UV Sanitizer can help you make your toothbrushes bacteria-free and prevent you from falling victim to different dental conditions. So, It is recommended to buy this one.
2. Dental Spa Interoral Sonic & UV Cleaner
This is another efficient UV sanitizer. It is the only one on the stores, which combines sonic and UV technology, for effective removal of bacteria from toothbrush heads. The UV light utilized by the gadget, is the same used in hospitals, when sanitizing various instruments. Besides, cleaning your toothbrush heads, it is also effective on mouth guards, dentures, orthodontic devices and trays for teeth whitening gadgets. The sanitizer can be able to remove about 99% of bacteria including staphylococcus and E.coli. Let’s look at its pros and cons.
- It is capable of removing about 99% of bacteria including H1N1 or swine flue virus, all thanks to its UV and sonic technology.
- The UV sanitizer works within minutes. It is said to vibrate 8000 per minute. This is a very high frequency. It cleans within five minutes, using clean tap water.
- The sanitizer has an automatic shut off after the 5-minute cycle. This prevents you from continued exposure to UV radiations.
- The UV bulb can last up to 10000 hours without replacement.
- It uses a battery and not electricity.
- It produces an unpleasant noise when in operation.
- It is hard to remove the cup to fill it with water or empty it. A handle could have been better.
Dental Spa Interoral Sonic & UV Cleaner, is an efficient UV sanitizer. It is capable of removing 99.99% of common bacteria that plague toothbrushes. Its automatic shut-off feature, is another admirable and safety element in this sanitizing gadget. The only problem is the noise it produces and the inconvenience associated with handling of the cup.
3. Violife VIO100 Toothbrush Sanitizer
Violife VIO100 Toothbrush Sanitizer utilizes the UV technology, in an efficient and a safe cleaning method, for bacteria-laden toothbrush heads. It has been proven to clear about 99.9% of bacteria. The unit is capable of cleaning about four toothbrushes at a go. This makes it a great choice for large families. Here are the pros and cons of this toothbrush sanitizer:
- The sanitizer is easy to set up and to use. You simply place the toothbrush heads inside the gadget, which looks more of a toothbrush holder and press the button, to start the process.
- Its compact design makes convenient for small bathrooms, where space is a problem.
- The UV germicidal light has the ability to remove around 99.9% of microorganisms, which might exist in the toothbrush head.
- It is safe to use. There are no chemicals or hot steam involved in the process.
- It can kill the swine flu virus on your toothbrush
- It is not a toothbrush holder. You must dry the toothbrush before placing it in the gadget; otherwise, it will allow the growth of mildew and mould
- Replacing the UV light bulb, which lasts around 2000 hours of use, can be very expensive.
Violife VIO100 Toothbrush Sanitizer is an amazing UV toothbrush sanitizer, with a high capability to remove bacteria, within minutes. However, if it is not used properly, the interiors may start showing signs of mould growth.
4. Germ Terminator Toothbrush Sanitizer
Germ Terminator Toothbrush Sanitizer is a necessary gadget to have in your bathroom. It prevents the proliferation of germs in toothbrush heads, making them safe to use, to ensure good oral health. It ensures that airborne or waterborne microorganisms do not accumulate in the toothbrush, by using natural steam. This increases its safety. It is suited for both manual and electric toothbrushes. Below are its pros and cons
- It uses a natural-cleaning mechanism. This makes it one of the safest toothbrush sanitizers, you can find. Instead of using the UV light, it uses natural steam.
- It takes you a few seconds to sanitize your toothbrush.
- The sanitizer has the same efficiency with the sterilizing equipment, found in dental offices.
- It is capable of eliminating about 99.999% of the accumulated germs and prevents more from forming colonies.
- It does not last more than a year as compared to other UV sanitizers
- It is quite hectic to clean.
When you are looking for a natural sanitizer for your toothbrushes, the Germ Terminator Toothbrush Sanitizer can be a perfect choice. However, unlike its UV-based sanitizers, the steam-based sanitizer does not last long. All the same, the cost is favorable.
5. Oral Stericlean Uv Portable Toothbrush Sanitizer
Oral Stericlean UV Portable Toothbrush Sanitizer is an admirable option, for people who travel most. You can also use this if you are on tight budget. Though it may seem to be a cheap one, but it works great. 484+ Happy customer reviews on amazon says it all.
You can include it in your travel list, to ensure that your dental health, remains checked at all times, even when you are away from home. The sanitizer works on a simplified mechanism, which involves a touch of button.
- Its UV capabilities have been clinically proven to kill germs associated with a couple of infectious diseases including germ infections, GI tract infections and other related diseases.
- It is portable. This is one thing, which makes the sanitizer to be very popular. You can pack it for your teenagers, when they are travelling or even yourself.
- It is easy to use. There are no complications when it comes to using the sanitizer. The portable gadget works on a touch of a button, to get rid of bacteria from your toothbrush instantly.
- It is more affordable but again efficient than other UV toothbrush sanitizers.
- It is only suited for one toothbrush. Hence, it is best used when you are travelling rather than in your home.
- You can not use this a toothbrush holder.
Oral Stericlean Uv Portable Toothbrush Sanitizer is great buy for people who are always on the move. But, that does not mean you cannot use it at home. However, it is suitable for small families, since the UV sanitizer only cleans a single toothbrush.
Why you need a UV Toothbrush Sanitizer?
Recently, UV toothbrush sanitizers are gaining grounds. But, is this a hype or do you need them?As experts affirm, microorganisms flood our environment. While these microscopic living things cannot be viewed, they have the ability to cause diseases and infections.Once you are done brushing your teeth, chances are that you place your toothbrush in an open holder.Germs love moist places and the toothbrush offers excellent area for bacteria growth.
Although there are multiple ways of sanitizing toothbrush heads, none works efficiently as the UV sanitizer.They are clinically proven, to remove around 99.9% of the existing bacteria. This ensures that the microorganisms do not accumulate enough to cause diseases, which would derail your health.Mostly, these sanitizers feature a UV light, which is designed to kill the bacteria but again, not strong enough to affect your health in the end.Besides, unlike other common methods such as use of a mouth cleanser, most UV sanitizers are easy to use.
How to Choose The Best UV Toothbrush Sanitizer?
With numerous brands of UV sanitizers flowing into the market, you may feel overwhelmed to choose the best one. But, it does not have to be difficult, as long as you know what you are looking for. Here are some factors to consider when buying a UV sanitizer:How fast does it work?You do not have all the time to clean the toothbrush in the morning or in the evening. Hence, it is best if you find a sanitizer, which sanitizes your toothbrush within minutes.
Insist also on finding one that has an auto-shut off feature. This way, it will stop when it is done sanitizing the toothbrush head, even when you are not near.Ease of operationI know, like most people you don’t like complexity in your life. So go for a UV toothbrush sanitizer that is easy to use. Number of brushes it can sanitize at a goThe next thing you should consider is the capacity that the sanitizer can handle at a go.
For instance, if you are shopping for a family sanitizer, there is no need of buying a UV sanitizer, which only holds one toothbrush head.Sanitizer and toothbrush holderIf a sanitizer acts as both a germ-eliminator and a toothbrush holder, it is best to go for that product. This will provide you with bacteria-free place for storing your toothbrush.Efficiancy Most importantly, ensure that the gadget is efficient.
Do not trust the labels though, but consider reading the customer reviews. They hardly lie. You will get some insights; on how efficient is the product in killing germs.
What Happens If You Don’t Sanitize Your Toothbrush?
Toothbrushes if not taken care of effectively, can become the breeding grounds of disease-causing microorganisms. The longer you use your toothbrush without sanitizing, the more the bacteria accumulate to the detriment of your oral health. Therefore, we cannot overemphasize the importance of sanitizing your toothbrush. If you want to maintain your dental formula unperturbed, you must sanitize the toothbrush using either a UV sanitizer or any other effective solution
Sanitizing toothbrushes is something that is supported by various health bodies across the globe including WHO. Although, the same experts propose that you should replace your toothbrush head after every two to three months, that enough is not effective. To maintain dental health, you need to sanitize your toothbrush regularly. There cannot be a better way of doing so, than with UV sanitizers, which are easy-to-use and highly effective. You can choose from a wide range of brands including Phillips Sonicare UV Sanitizer and Dental Spa Interoral Sonic & UV Cleaner. Find your fit today and maintain excellent oral health. They range from high-end to budget solutions. There are some for large families as well as for singles or for when you are travelling.