We all love to have our favorite food.
While sensitive taste buds on tongue help to enjoy the taste of food, it is the valuable teeth that actually help to chew food, breaking chunks of foodstuff into finer texture for the taste buds to enjoy.
But do you experience a sharp sensitivity in your teeth when you have a bite of certain food or sip on cool or hot drinks?
Then chances are you are suffering from sensitive teeth.
That does not mean you can no more have your cup of tea or a favorite dish. With proper care and brushing teeth with special toothpaste for sensitive teeth, you can relish your favorite food and drink.
In this post, we will let you know the reasons of teeth sensitivity and how a specialized toothpaste can help. In the end, you will know what’s the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
If want to make a quick decision here’s our top 3 pick for the toothpaste for sensitive teeth:
- Sensodyne Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth and Cavity Prevention
- Squigle Tooth Builder Sensitive Toothpaste
- Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief
What is Teeth Sensitivity?
Teeth sensitivity is a sharp shooting pain caused in teeth when you bite into hot or sweet food or sip a hot or cold drink. The pain can sometimes be extreme with the triggers reaching deep into the teeth nerve ends. A single or more teeth can have sensitivity. So what makes your teeth sensitive in the first place? Our teeth are covered with a shiny protective layer called enamel. Wearing out of the enamel layer can expose the below sensitive layer of teeth making it sensitive.Using harsh chemical based oral products, smoking and chewing tobacco can strip off the enamel. Pulled away gums are another reason for sensitivity where the teeth roots get exposed. Here are some of the reasons that can cause teeth sensitivity:
- Gum disease
- Tooth decay
- Use of tooth whitening products filled with chemicals
- Wear of enamel during teeth grinding
- Tooth restorative procedures
- Intake of high acidic food
How can toothpaste for sensitive teeth help?
Toothpaste for sensitive teeth contains special formula specially made keeping in sensitivity of your teeth in mind. Brushing teeth daily with it helps to repair teeth, provide instant relief and form a protective shield around teeth to fight sensitivity. It also helps to fight against tooth decay, provide fresh breath and improve dental health.
Best Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth
After a lot of research, finally, we’ve selectedteeth to prevent against sensitivity. Its mint flavor ensures a fresh breath for a longer duration. Made in U.S.A, the toothpaste comes in a pack of 4. Here are benefits of using the product:
- Its’ the best desensitizing toothpaste out there
- Superior protection against teeth sensitivity from hot, cold, sweet and acidic foods
- Prevents dental decay and fights cavities
- Includes potassium nitrate as the active ingredient that has been clinically proven to minimize painful sensitivity
- It has a mint taste. Luckily, no one ever complained about the taste
2nd Best Toothpaste for Sensitive Teeth – Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief
When it comes to toothpaste, Colgate is one of the dentist recommended number 1 brand.
We suggest Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief as the 2nd best toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Its special formula treats dentin hypersensitivity. The clinically proven toothpaste ensures instant and long lasting relief from teeth sensitivity with just one use.
It is safe to brush teeth with this toothpaste before and after dental procedures such as scaling and prophylaxis. With regular application, people suffering from sensitive teeth can be assured of long-lasting relief. The toothpaste comes in a pack of 3.
Here are incredible benefits of brushing sensitive teeth with this toothpaste:
- Clinically tested and proven relief from teeth sensitivity
- Instant relief from teeth sensitivity right from the first application
- Lasting relief on regular application
- Its unique formulae restores natural whiteness and shine of teeth
Squigle Tooth Builder Sensitive Toothpaste
The fluoride-free Tooth Builder sensitive toothpaste occupies the second runner up in the list. Though toothpaste with fluoride can be helpful to fight against cavities, excess fluoride can weaken teeth and make them brittle.
While using fluoride toothpaste it is important to calculate the total fluoride content that comes from various other sources such as drinking water, mouthwash etc.
If you are looking to treat your sensitive teeth with a fluoride free product then the Tooth builder can be the right one for you. The formula contains natural xylitol that prevents germ build-up within mouth giving a fresher breath. The product comes in a 4 oz bottle. Here is how the toothpaste can be helpful
- No SLS or numbering agents
- Provides relief from teeth sensitivity
- Fights bad breath germs
- Promotes long lasting fresh breath
- Most people starts to get result after using two times only
Crest Pro-Health Sensitive & Enamel Shield
Crest Pro-Heath is the third runner up. Its pro-health formula works to form a thin protective shield on teeth to protect against acid attack.
The toothpaste contains smooth and gentle formulae that help to provide relief from teeth sensitivity taking care of the enamel.
Mint helps to fight mouth germs freshen up breath. The product comes in a pack of 4. Here is how brushing teeth two times a day with the toothpaste can help.
- Pro-health formula shields teeth from acid attacks and provides relief from sensitivity
- Soothing mint gives a mild flavor besides fighting mouth germs and ensuring fresh breath
- Regular application improves dental health and reduces the intensity of teeth sensitivity
The unique formula of Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief provides instant relief from teeth sensitivity right from the first application itself besides making teeth shinier and whiter.
The clinically proven Sensodyne Toothpaste contains fluoride and potassium nitrate that provides relief from teeth sensitivity; fights tooth decay, cavities and bad breath improving the overall dental hygiene.
Tooth builder with fluoride free formula ensures relief from teeth sensitivity without comprising on the safety of enamel. It includes xylitol as active ingredient that discourages buildup of mouth germs and prevents tooth decay.
The special formula of Crest Pro-Heath protects teeth and minimizes sensitivity by forming a shield on the teeth. The presence of mint provides an instant mouth freshness and lasting fresh breath.