How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath: 12 Extremely Easy Ways
Bad breath (or halitosis if you like). Mhmm, where do we start…
Take the incidence of one of those days you are so excited about the night date you just had with your other half. The next day you are very anxious to share how it went down with your friends.
Unfortunately, when you open your mouth to narrate each and every moment that took your breath away, all your friends look at you awfully as they hold their noses. The feeling must be very discouraging!
Or it could be the day you decide to make your spouse happy. You simply start singing along Adele’s newest hit- HELLO and all he or she does is freak away (and it makes you feel hurt)…
That’s what bad breath really does. It destroys your social life and even your relationship. And the worst part is that you don’t easily note it. That’s why you’ll always have the confidence to talk to your friends and spouses without fears. Most probably, you’ll note it based on the reaction of your friends/spouse when you talk to them.
How can you get rid of bad breath? If you suffer from bad breath, here is some good news for you. Bad breath isn’t permanent. It can be easily countered by undertaking the right measures.
In this post, you are going to learn about all the effective methods of getting rid of bad breath permanently.
If you set to try these methods on your own, you’ll be so happy to regain your lost confidence in the social gatherings and in the presence of your spouse.
Without wasting a single second let’s set to find out what the various methods of getting rid of bad breath are.
1. How Brushing Properly Helps Get Rid of Bad Breath?
Allow me to open the list with the most obvious method of eliminating bad breath- brushing your teeth. As we have mentioned countless times, brushing isn’t enough to transform your breathing from bad to good: proper brushing does this!
How the hell do I brush my teeth properly?
You might be wondering.
Well, you know you’re practicing the right brushing techniques if you follow the steps provided below.
Apply some toothpaste (just a pea-sized amount is enough) on your toothbrush. The brush should bear soft bristles of course. While holding your brush at an angle of 45 degrees with respect to your gums, start brushing all the corners of your teeth. Do this in short and gentle strokes for effective cleaning. Remember to brush all the areas of your mouth, not just the teeth and gums.
Proper brushing of your teeth helps dislodge decaying food particles as well as bacteria that are the main culprits of bad odor from your mouth.
Additionally, brushing will create a clean environment in your mouth, unfavorable for bacteria that cause halitosis.
After recommending you to brush your teeth properly to get rid of bad breath, we don’t leave it at that.
We go that extra step and conduct a careful research to come up with the best toothbrush to you.
So, which toothbrush should you use to brush your teeth and hence eliminate bad odor completely?
Here are our findings:
Oral-B PRO 1000 Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush Powered by Braun
There you have it! The best toothbrush for cleaning your teeth and gums effectively. It helps flush out food particles and bacteria that cause bad breath.
Oral-B 1000 offers you a clinically proven superior cleaning experience that perfectly cleans all the areas of your mouth, unlike the regular toothbrushes.
The CrossAction brush head that comes with this product is responsible for the superior cleaning properties. It perfectly surrounds your teeth with its bristles positioned at 16 degrees. Through 3D cleaning process, the bristles rotate, pulsate and oscillate around your gum line, dislodging all the food particles that stick accidentally.
In addition, the cleaning mode flushes out harmful bacteria from their hide outs.
Isn’t this all a proper brushing process entails?
Additional features of the Oral-B 1000 toothbrush include:
- Pressure sensors to help you apply the right pressure to your teeth and gums. This will help avoid damage to your teeth and gums.
- Timers to help you properly brush your teeth within 2 minutes
- Rechargeable- once the battery power is depleted, you can recharge the toothbrush and use it again to properly brush your teeth.
Before you move on to the next section let's see what Antonio has to say about brushing mistakes that people make.
2. How Using Mouthwash Can Help You To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
Mouthwash, also known as mouth rinse, is yet another great way of getting rid of bad breath from your mouth permanently.
How exactly does a mouthwash help get rid of bad breath?The answer to this question lies in the powerful composition of the ingredients various mouthwashes comes with.
In a nutshell, a mouth prevents bad breath by:
- It contains powerful active ingredients that kills or neutralizes all the bacteria responsible for bad breath
- It access and swiftly cleans all the areas where a toothbrush can’t reach, e.g. the back area of your tongue. This is one of the top hideouts for halitosis-causing bacteria.
- it keeps your mouth moist, making it difficult for harmful bacteria to live in it.
- It’s a great supplement for brushing. Rinsing with mouthwash after brushing helps eliminate the remaining food particles and bacteria in your mouth.
- Some mouthwashes also have added flavors that promotes fresh breath
Again, we conducted a deep research for the best mouthwash for combating bad breath.
And guess what? We just found the right product for you.
Discover it below:
TheraBreath Dentist Recommended Fresh Breath Oral Rinse
If you would like to use a mouthwash that works instantly and last for long hours, ThereBreath is just your perfect match! It’s all you need today to say goodbye to the bad breath coming from your mouth. With clinically proven results and having been recommended by dentists for over 20 years, you can just imagine how powerful ThereBreath is!
ThereBreath is unlike any other mouthwash you have used before. It doesn’t dry your mouth or cause a burning or stinging sensation. Instead, it keeps your mouth moist, freshens your breath and eliminates all types of bad breath.
You just can’t get enough of this mouth rinse.
Others features that makes up this wonderful products include:
- It neutralizes sulfur-producing bacteria. This helps destroy the morning breath as well as bad breath caused by food odor.
- It promotes moist and non-sticky mouth
- It is free of alcohol and artificial additives such as color and flavors
- It comes with a buffered, non-acidic formula that is bundled with a mint flavor that doesn’t burn or sting your mouth.
Here's a video from Dr. Harold Katz about the effectiveness of TheraBreath mouthwash.
3. Why Use a Tongue Scrapper for Bad Breath?
Still on our list of various effective ways of getting rid of bad breath, we present you with tongue scrapper, a highly available and affordable product for cleaning your tongue.
Why should you consider cleaning your tongue with a scrapper? As you know, you ought to clean all the areas of your mouth if and ONLY IF you are very sure that you want to get rid of bad odor from your mouth. Tongue being part of the mouth therefore needs thorough cleaning.
Did you know that your tongue has the capability of harboring loads of bacteria owing to its extended surface, grooves and textured bumps? Sounds scaring? Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. It helps explain how failure to clean your tongue can lead to continued odors from your mouth.
The scrapper will:
- Eliminate bacteria and germs harboring on your tongue’s surface
- It makes it easy to clean the inaccessible parts of your tongue. Places where your toothbrush won’t reach are well taken care of by a tongue scrapper.
We went ahead to find out the best tongue scrapper in the market that could meet your tongue cleaning needs. This is what we found out:
Health And Yoga Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Tongue Cleaner Scraper
Health And Yoga Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Tongue scrapper is a first grade tongue cleaner that excellently sweeps away all the bacteria, dead cells, toxins and food particles on your tongue, restoring your breath from the worst to the best.
To ensure safety when using this tool on your mouth, it is made of surgical grade stainless steel which is non-toxic. The material can also be sterilized.
The tongue cleaner just does an amazing job- flushing out bacteria and food particles that makes your mouth smell awful.
Below are some key features of this tongue cleaning tool:
- It is made of a thicker, heavy-duty gauge. This improves the safety of the scrapper when used on your tongue. You won’t have to mind about the risk of nicks when using it.
- Its flexibility and non-gagging design with an optimal length
allowsit to clean your entire tongue. Eradicating all the harmful bacteria residing on your tongue has never been this simple!
- it’s made up of comfort grip to make it very easy for you to clean your tongue.
Here's what Dr. Mark Burhenne has to say about how to use a tongue cleaner for getting rid of your halitosis.
4. Why Using a Water Flosser is Necessary for Bad Breath?
Water flosser; oral irrigator… all these are terms used to refer to the flosser that use water pressure, superior technological features and electric power to allow you to effectively floss all the areas of your mouth, including the trickiest ones.
Water flosser successfully sees an end to bad breath by tackling its root causes – bacteria and food particles that are decaying inside your mouth.
- Accesses deep within your gum line and disrupts bacteria that cases gum diseases. With gum diseases gone, bad breath from your mouth will be no more
- Removes plaque and stops bleeding caused by periodontal inflammations. This contributes to fresh breath from your mouth.
As usual, we decided to search for the best water flosser to help you successfully stop the bad odor coming from your mouth and start producing fresh breath. Luckily, we made a great discovery!
We were able to identify a powerful water flosser which we present to you below:
Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (WP-660C)
If you could just use this product for a single flossing session and observe the exemplary results, you’ll totally agree that we did an amazing discovery! Waterpik Aquarius is the most unique water flosser out there, capable of doing away with your worst nightmare (halitosis) almost instantly.
What can Waterpik Aquariius Water Flosser (WP-600C) do to help you breath fresh again?
- It has been clinically tested and proved to be up to 50% more effective in promoting healthy gums compared to the regular floss. Getting rid of gum diseases is one way to end halitosis from your mouth
- It comes with up to 10 different pressure settings. This allows you to select the right pressure to clean deep within your gums with and flush out the halitosis causing bacteria living
there Itssuperior cleaning technology made from a combination of water pressure and pulsations cleans deep between your teeth and below your gum line, removing all the harmful bacteria and other debris that could greatly contribute to your mouth producing bad breath.
Here's how to use a waterr flosser for the best result:
5. How Using Bad Breath Supplements Can Help Solve This Problem?
At number five of our list of top ways of getting rid f bad breath, we have the use of bad breath supplement to help solve this problem.
It is interesting to note that bad breath supplements offer the BEST solution to halitosis.
What are bad breath supplements? This is the question that most of you might be asking right now… and here is the answer: bad breath supplements are supplements like any other, only that they are made to help get rid of bad breath.
The manufacturers of these supplements always take the various causes of halitosis into consideration to ensure their products are up to the task.
Generally, a bad breath supplement is highly effective against odor causing bacteria and will successfully inhibit them, giving you a chance to breath fresh again.
Being the method of doing away with bad breath, we couldn’t end at that! We had to search the market for the top quality bad breath supplements available. Luckily, the research didn’t disappoint us.
Find our search results right below:
Clorial: Bad Breath Supplement, To Neutralizes Odor Causing Bacteria - Halitosis Or Chronic Bad Breath Vitamins
There stands the name of the most used bad breath supplement across the world to treat halitosis! Clorial is a supplement made with all the root causes of bad odor in the manufacture’s mind.
This is what you could get from Clorial if you buy your piece today:
- One of its top ingredients, Lactoferrin, has been proved to be a great deal for reducing bad odor through clinical tests.
- Presence of thyme and eucalyptus herbs promotes its antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
- It inhibits halitosis
causingbacteria and freshens your breath.
- It contains potent natural fighters in its list of ingredients, e.g. vitamin and folic acid, coenzyme Q10, which further improves its effectiveness.
6. How Quitting Your Smoking Habit Can Help You To Get Rid of Bad Breath?
Tobacco is a notorious cause for bad breath as it has been confirmed by numerous studies conducted on it. If you are a smoker who is ready to get rid of his/her bad breath, one of the steps you should consider undertaking is quitting tobacco smoking for good.
All products containing tobacco will lead to what we call smoker’s breath. If you have associated with a smoker at any one time, you really understand what this smell is like. It’s very unpleasant.
Tobacco causes bad breath by depositing smoke particles in your lungs and throat. Given that the scent of smoking can linger in your lungs for long hours, you would expect the ultimate results to be that stale scent associated with smoker’s breath.
The loads of chemicals present in tobacco are another reason for bad breath. If you didn’t know, tobacco contains over 60 aromatic hydrocarbons, which are responsible for bad odor in addition to being carcinogenic. Some studies even claim that bad breath is results from oral cancer caused by these chemicals.
How to stop the unpleasant smoker’s breath?
The solution is simple: Quit smoking.
I know quitting might be hard especially for tobacco addicts. Reading this article might help you.
Our detailed research led us to something amazing: I mean it was totally amazing! A product that entails a definitive guide on how to easily stop smoking.
Let’s briefly discuss this product:
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: The Easyway To Stop Smoking
It doesn’t matter what kind of a smoker you are: whether you have reached a point where all you do the whole day is smoke and smoke, or you are the most stubborn smoker around, or you’re really trying to quit smoking without getting results- all your needs finally meets the right solution.
Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking is simply a book that you have to read to suppress the smoker’s breath beat.
And the creator behind it?
His story is interesting. Allen Carr was an accountant who was a REAL tobacco addict- smoking up to 100 cigarettes every day! At one time he got fed up with this and set out to discover how to quit smoking. Luckily, he discovered the solution to stop smoking and it’s all he shares with you in his Must-read book.
Oh! And something worth noting: the product boasts of achieving one of the best sales in the history of publishing industry. This is supported by the fact that they have sold over 13 million copies across the globe.
Written in an expert style, the book will open your eyes into how tobacco smoking is ruining your life and overall body health day in day out. It will convince you that quitting smoking is the bet decision you can ever make to your life.
Imagine your smoker’s breathe gone and you are breathing fresh again? This could only be termed as magical!
Here's a short review of the book:
7. Stop Drinking to
Get Rid of Bad Breath
All alcoholics often breathe bad. Are you an alcoholic? Are you suffering from bad breath? If yes, connect the dots and get to know what could be causing your bad breath problems.
All alcoholic beverages are culprits of bad breath and your dentist will not shy from making this clear to you. How exactly does alcohol make your breath bad? Let’s look at the short explanation below:
1. Among the many health problems that might results from drinking alcohol, there is damage to the stomach and your digestive system. This alone could produce strong odors from your mouth that makes everyone avoid you like hell.
Alcohol also causes problems within your esophagus and disrupts your body acid reflux. The end result is throat and mouth cancers- increasing the production of bad breath from your mouth.
2. Alcohol is also a diuretic. As such, consuming large quantities of alcohol could lead to drying up of your mouth. Without saliva production in your mouth, bacteria will find a favorable place in your mouth to thrive in and this causes bad breath.
Similar to tobacco, the best way to avoid the bad odor caused by alcohol involves stopping smoking. But again, stopping might prove difficult at times especially for the addicts. Luckily, we have found what you need to stop drinking alcohol without much struggle.
Ready to learn about our findings? Great!
Stop Drinking Now: Book
Believe it or not, Stop Drinking Now is another publication straight from Allen Carr! Given that this author has successfully created an effective way to stop smoking, you should erase any doubts you might be having on the credibility of this product.
Stop Drinking NOW is a publication written by an author who truly understands the thinking process of alchol consumers. It therefore helps you get alcohol out of your life- immediately, permanently, and painlessly.
It clearly demonstrates how you can fall into the trap of smoking, your psychology on getting addicted and the best way to quit this game once and for all!
One of the author’s strongest lines in this book tries to explain to you that alcohol is not something your body needs. Instead, it’s something your mind thinks it needs. How do you reverse this belief and make your mind believe that you don’t need alcohol in your body and life? Again this solution is well outlined in the publication for you.
And if you still doubt whether this book will work for you, keep in mind that it has sold over 15 million copies since its publications. Apparently, all the users have come back to narrate the wonderful times they had reading how to quit alcohol. And not just that! The tricks worked for them!
If you buy this book today, you’ll be lucky to get a hypnotherapy CD as a bonus.
8. How Chewing Gum can Help Eradicate Bad Breath?
Gums can also be a great way to improve your breath. Most gums are known to improve your breath due to their flavors as well as other ingredients.
All gums involve a chewing process. The chewing action will then stimulate your salivary glands to produce more and more saliva in your mouth. This prevents your mouth from drying up, making it difficult for bacteria to thrive there.
However, there are specific gums that have better capabilities in fighting bad breath. This sets them from the others and they’re all you need to improve your breath, anywhere and at any time.
Some pints to note when buying chewing gum to fight halitosis include:
- Go for cinnamon flavored gums. The component has been found to successfully reduce the bacteria count in your mouth.
- Avoid sugar coated gums. Sugar acts a food for the bacteria, allowing them to live longer and stronger.
- Xylitol acts as a great substitute for sugar. Taking gums rich in this product therefore helps fight the problem of bacteria replication in your mouth
The number of chewing gums in the market is large enough to confuse you on the best one for fighting halitosis. Most of them might even be bearing fake ingredients and will only add up to more harm to your condition. But there is no need to worry; we’ve got you covered. We have provided you with best chewing gum for fighting bad breath below.
XyliMelts for Dry Mouth, Mint-Free
From the product’s name, it’s clear that it’s that it contains xylitol. Remember what we said about this product?
Well, it’s a great substitute for sugar (or a natural sugar) that offers a great way for disrupting the growth of bacteria.
XyliMelts for Dry Mouth has everything to help curb bad odors from being produced by your mouth. It’s even capable of sustaining a fresh breath for long hours: how pleasing!
Unlike other gums, XyliMelts comes with a light mint flavor which does not cause burning to your mouth.
Here’s what you’ll get from using this wonderful chewing gum:
- Increased production of saliva. If you chew this gum today, it will multiply the level of saliva in your mouth. More saliva means a moist mouth throughout the day. As such, bacteria will never thrive in your mouth.
- Xylitol, the active ingredient in the gum is very effective against bad breath causing bacteria. It also prevents tooth decay, another culprit behind bad breathing.
- The light flavor mint is responsible for freshening your breath
- The XyliMelts discs have high capabilities of coating, moisturizing and lubricating saliva as it continues being produced in your mouth.
One word for XyliMelts for Dry Mouth: the perfect treatment for bad breath!
9. How Using Quality Toothpaste Can Help Eradicate Bad Breath?
In the beginning of our list of top methods of getting rid of bad breath, we stared with proper brushing as one such method. We said that proper brushing involves putting pea-sized toothpaste on your toothbrush.
But do you put any kind of toothpaste on your brush?
You need to be careful on the type of toothpaste you use to brush your mouth with as this directly affects how it will help eradicate bad breath. Most toothpastes in the market today are saturated with harmful ingredients that actually heightens the level of halitosis from your mouth.
Such ingredients include Sodium saccharin, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose and so on. Toothpastes containing such ingredients should be avoided at all costs.
The secret to brushing properly and getting rid of bad breath simply involves brushing with top-quality toothpaste- one that contains the right contents.
To ensure that you don’t fall prey of the bad toothpastes in the market, we have selected the best toothpaste for you. This top quality paste comes from a trusted brand and is 100% more effective in ending bad breath permanently.
Let’s get a brief of the product below
TheraBreath Dentist Recommended Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Toothpaste
The product defines what a good toothbrush for eliminating chronic bad breath: it comprises of non-abrasive, natural antibiotics to suit your fresh breath needs.
Top ingredients present in the toothbrush are:
Xylitol, water, Aloe Vera extract, stabilized chlorine dioxide (very effective against aerobic bacteria that cause bad breath), glycerin, essential peppermint oils, and sodium fluoride. All these ingredients are 100 non-abrasives and stimulate smooth and continuous flow of saliva in your mouth.
They provide an oxygen rich environment in your mouth that is very unfavorable for aerobic bacteria, doing away with bad breath.
TheraBreath toothpaste does not contain any traces of alcohol, a desiccant which promotes halitosis by drying your mouth.
- Contains xylitol which excellently puts off the activity of bacteria that causes bad breath
- Has an effective anti Cavity and
Anti-tartar formula Hasno artificial flavors, colors, or detergents. Itstherefore 100% safe for use
- Stops bad breath instantly and aids in moistening your mouth with the soothing Aloe Vera extract.
10. Foods that You Should Avoid
1. Acidic foodsScientific chronicles will tell you that acid rich environments will go a long way in enabling bacteria to reproduce at a much faster rate. This is a fact. If you take foods with high acid content therefore, you’ll be allowing bacteria to multiply at a rapid rate in your mouth and eventually cause halitosis. The acid in your mouth needs to be neutralized so as to inhibit growth of bacteria as well as emission of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC). This can only be done by limiting your intake of foods that fall in this category. They include coffee, pineapple juice, tomato juice, pasta sauce, ketchup, olives, butter, fatty meats, chocolate and so on.
2. Foods containing drying agentsThe main drying agent that we all know is alcohol. Unfortunately, most of the beverages we consume contain this substance. This means that consuming such beverages e.g. beer, hard liquor, and wine will lead to drying of your mouth. With your mouth dry, the flow of saliva in your mouth, and hence oxygen supply, is inhibited. This gives the aerobic bacteria that cause bad breath a suitable environment to grow and reproduce.
3. Sugar containing foodsSugar is the main food for bacteria. Eating sugar rich foods therefore translates to feeding bacteria well and allowing them to grow stronger each and every day. As they grow stronger, they’re able to produce more offensive sulfur emissions, increasing the strength of bad odor that hails from your mouth. It’s also important to note that bacteria uses the sugar you take in to from glycan strands which then forms thick layers of plaque around your gums/on your enamel. This further enhances into bad breath. Avoiding sugary foods such as mints, candies, sugar coated chewing gums, is a great step towards curbing bad breath.
4. Foods with high amount of proteinsFoods that contains a lot of proteins, e.g. lentils, beans, eggs, meat, dairy, fish, etc, could lead to halitosis as well. Though these foods are very important in your body for promotion of bone health, we can only term them as “necessary evil”. This is because when you consume them, they are easily broken down into VSC emissions by the notorious aerobic bacteria, promoting bad breath.
11. Foods That help You Get Rid of Bad Breath
The same way there foods that’s leads to bad breath, there are also some foods that you can take to prevent occurrence of the same.
We have compiled a list of such foods below.
Green tea is very useful in getting rid of bad breath. It contains catechin, a strong antioxidant that is responsible for disrupting bacteria growth. If you would like to prevent bad breath from catching up with you, then you need to start taking green tea more often.
Yogurt also makes it on our list as a useful food for eliminating bad breath. This is made possible by the probioitc bacteria (i.e., the good bacteria) present in the product. Presence of probiotic bacteria in yogurt overpowers the bad bacteria in your mouth, transforming your breath from awful to fresh.
Parsley is another food that will go a long way in improving your bad breath. Its oils are responsible for this task. Other herbs and spices that’s fall in the same category with parsley as bad breath fighters include cinnamon, rosemary, eucalyptus, cardamom, spearmint, coriander etc.
Nuts such as Almonds
Nuts find their use in freshening your breath due to the fact that they help in production of more saliva, preventing your mouth from drying up. This makes it impossible for bad breath bacteria to thrive in your mouth. You’ll therefore be free from bad breath.
What’s more, the fiber-rich content of these nuts acts as tiny toothbrushes that clean your teeth. This way, the dislodge food particles that stick on your teeth and also prevents the bad breath bacteria from staining your mouth.
Fruits Rich In Vitamin C
Consuming foods rich in vitamin C has also been shown to combat bad breath. Vitamin C puts bacteria in your mouth on check, helps fight against gum diseases as well as gingivitis which acts as good sources for bad breath.
Apples and Pears
The above fruits work out the trick of keeping your breath fresh by stimulating the salivary glands to produce more saliva. The saliva produced nourishes and rebalances the natural oral ecology of your mouth. As we have said earlier, a moist mouth is a No Go zone for aerobic bacteria which produces bad breath.
Carrots, Celery, and Cucumbers
These are some of the crunchy foods that are highly useful for people who are suffering from bad breath. Wherever you munch any of these, you’ll be stimulating your glands to produce more saliva, which then removes harmful bacteria from your mouth.
Additionally, these foods might help flush out some of the food particles stuck in between your teeth. This is very important given that if these particles decay, a strong odor will come from your mouth.
Another great food that falls in this category is sugarcane-it is capable of cleaning your teeth naturally. It can actually be a good replacement for toothbrush!
Eat Some Carbs as Well
If you are on a low-carb diet, you might suffer from bad breath. How is this possible? The shortage of carbs forces your body to break down the fats in order to produce energy needed to carry out various activities in your body. Breakdown of fats produced ketones. Some of this product is released in your mouth and given that it smells awful, it directly affects your smell.
If you are undergoing a carb restricting diet, you might consider taking healthy snacks that are rich in cars, e.g. bananas and apples.
12. Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Before we end our list of various methods of curing halitosis it’s important to mention some top home remedies for halitosis as well.
These home remedies are:
1. Drinking a lot of water
Taking a lot of water at different times of the day has varied benefits with respect to your bad breath. Consider taking glass of water if you notice that you mouth is very dry. Mouth drying can be caused by certain medications. Though water intake does not promote saliva production, it keeps your mouth moist for some good time, making it difficult for the bacteria to breed.
Taking water after every meal is equally important. In such a case, swish it around your mouth for about 10 seconds. This will help flush out food particles that have been trapped between your teeth. In the long run, this will reduce the risk of producing a bad breath. It works just like the mouthwash.
Also consider taking some water before going to sleep. This is important because it will keep your mouth moist throughout the night and when you woke up in the morning, your morning bad breath will be gone!
Flossing your teeth manually is another great home remedy for people with halitosis. It helps remove food particles and other undesired debris in the mouth. This way, you’ll be reducing the risk of a bad breath from being produced in your mouth.
For the best results, consider flossing after every meal or after brushing your teeth to help clean the areas that toothbrush cant access.
Fennel is considered as one of oldest methods for promoting fresh breath. What’s more, the method is very effective up to now. The fennel herb acts as breath sweetener and increases the production of saliva from your mouth. It’s also loaded with antibacterial properties making it a great method for combating the bacteria in your mouth.
To get the most out of fennel, consider using it after or between meals.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also used at homes to get rid of bad breath. It’s simply used to suppress the high acidic levels in your mouth. By doing so, it creates an unfavorable environment for the aerobic bacteria to thrive and excrete VSC. This keeps your mouth on the right track to producing fresh breath.
Simply put some baking soda on your toothbrush and thoroughly brush your teeth with it. Alternatively, opt for toothpaste that contains baking soda as one of the ingredients.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
It’s not as surprise that apple cider vinegar appears on our list of home remedies for bad breath. It’s a multipurpose product that is used in almost every field. Now, to put an end to bad breath, use the product as a mouth gargle. Simply puts some AVC in a glass of water and use it to gargle your mouth. Gargle for 10 seconds and spit Repeat the process regularly for the best results.
AVC will effectively cleanse your mouth and at the same time treat the bad odor present in your mouth!
A mouth that produces fresh breath is a good sign of its good health status. A healthy mouth also means a good overall body health. Pick a few methods of eradicating bad breath in your mouth from the above list and say goodbye to the awful smell that makes you loose confidence when you re around your pals or spouse.
Before you go, here’s a short video from lifehacker about how to cure and stop bad breath