Oral health is one of the most important aspects of the general body health. Therefore, keeping an oral hygiene eventually results into to a good body health overall. For one to avoid having oral diseases, they have to keep a perfect general oral hygiene.
However, consistency in keeping good oral hygiene practices is difficult. That is when water flosser comes in. It is highly effective in keeping good oral hygiene and has been established as one of those dental devices that are effective in both performance and results. If you are looking for the right water flosser available on the market we’ve a post covered on it.
In addition, most patients can comply with it for a long time as opposed to dental floss. Water flosser apart from being effective, it also minimizes the chances of bleedings including gingivitis.
However, water flosser has to be used properly for good results. Unfortunately, most people never use it the right way. Luckily, you do not have to worry about that anymore, this articles describes how to use it and tips when using water flosser.
Unfortunately, most people never use it the right way. Luckily, you do not have to worry about that anymore, this articles describes how to use it and tips when using water flosser.
How to use a water flosser for the best result?
Here are systematic ways on how to use a water flosser effectively.
- The first step is to normally fill the reservoir with clean lukewarm water. After which you replace it on the base of the water flosser. Press it down so that it is tightly sealed to water won’t flow out.
- The second step is choosing your tip. Press it firmly into the water flosser handle.
- The third step is setting the pressure. For first timers, a high pressure is recommended. You can set the pressure through the pressure control dial. Turn on the unit while pointing the tip into the sink. Turn the unit off when water begins to flow out.
- Now adjust the pressure control dial starting at a low pressure.
- Now, you can lean over the sink pointing the tip of the water flosser into your mouth.
- The next step, while the tip is in your mouth, turn the pressure unit. Make sure your lips are closed to stop water from splashing all over. Either way, water will flow into the sink that is why you lean over the sink.
- As you are using the water flosser, begin with the back teeth. Make sure you pause in between to aim the tip just slightly above the gum line.
- Once you are through, turn off the unit and remove the tip. There is an eject tip button that should be used to eject the tip.
How simple is that?
That is what using the water flosser entails.
Top Tips for using a water flosser
- Use periodontal pocket tips that are designed to shoot streams of water at 90 degrees to reach those areas that even a toothbrush and the normal floss never reaches.
- There are various tongue cleaning tools that can be used alongside the water flossers to effectively clean the tongue. The tongue if not cleaned properly will lead to a bad breath and tooth decay. Using the tongue cleaner to scrape the tongue and the water flosser to wash the mouth.
- You can use plaque-seeking tips to remove the buildup in the mouth. This way, it will be easier to wash the mouth using the water flosser.
- Employ a water flosser, toothbrush tip to add more pulsating water action and eventually loosen food particles that are normally trapped in between the teeth.
Always use the water flosser alongside other teeth cleaning routines such as brushing
- Ensure you wash your mouth properly and that you have cleaned even those bridges, gums, between the teeth, etc.
Water flossers are very effective when used appropriately. However, you need to learn how to use a water flosser to get the best results. They are not used alone; however, they are used alongside other dental cleaning routines such as brushing. With dental flossers, there will be reduced bleedings, gum disease, tooth decay, among others.