Waterpik Water Flosser Tips: What Everyone Should Know!
Good dental care is extremely imperative for a whiter and healthier smile. Your mouth may be an opening to a plethora of bacterial infections that can cause havoc to your over wellness. And that is why, water flossers are indispensable as they help keep plaque growth, tooth decay, and gum disease under better control.
- Best Water Flosser Review 2016: Definitive Guide
- Best Water Flosser For Braces: Which One To Choose?
- How To Use A Water Flosser Properly?
The Waterpik Water Flosser is considered to be one of the most effective ways to floss. It features a contemporary design along with 10 pressure settings, and a covered reservoir.
Here are some Waterpik Water Flosser Tips that you can follow:
- One of the most important tips is that you must use your flosser before brushing your teeth.
- Secondly, before using it, you must fill the reservoir with water to the maximum allowable level. You can also fill it with your favorite mouthwash. But, if you have sensitive teeth you must opt for lukewarm water.
- With the help of the Classic jet tip, you must set the pressure dial to level 8. An important tip here is that if you are using it the first time, you can set the level according to your comfort. Also, if your gums are sore and inflamed, you may not be able to take the high pressure so you can work it up your way, and set the level accordingly.
- Another most important tip is that you must begin with your back teeth. It will make you more comfortable, and you will easily be able to do it for your front teeth.
- When you turn on your machine, you must properly hold its pause button. it will enable you to stop instantly if you feel uneasy, or if you want to spit.
- While using the Waterpik water flosser, slightly close your lips, to order to fend off too much splashing. You can close your mouth totally, or let the water run out of the mouth.
- Another most important tip is that you must place the tip of the flosser at an angle of 90 degrees to your teeth. In addition to this, you must pause for two to four seconds between teeth before moving along your gumline to another area. The high pressure will flush out any debris or food particles between your teeth.
- You can use the orthodontic tip to remove easily plaque around your braces that your ordinary toothbrush cannot reach. This tip is specially designed with a tapered brush to flush out the bacteria and food particles from under your gums, and around your teeth.
- Work your way properly around your mouth- your tongue side, your cheek side, your back, your front. When finished, remember to turn off your device, and use the eject button to remove the tip.
- The tips that have bristles become less effective over time, so it is also imperative that you must change them frequently so that you can get the desired results. It is recommended to replace them after every three months.
Yes, Waterpik Water Flosser has indeed made flossing fun, enjoyable, and easier to use than traditional floss. It also helps cast out plaque and banish bacteria. So all that you need to do is follow these simple tips and keep your gums and teeth healthy.
It is surely the best way to win the terrible war against gum disease and tooth decay.