Garlic For Toothache: Everything You Need To Know About
Garlic has for a long time been used in the medicine field due to its strong healing properties. It was very popular among the ancient Greeks, Chinese, Egyptians, and the Romans. It acts as a powerful natural aesthetic, capable of relieving you off various types of pains that occur in your body.
And guess what? Toothache is not an exception.
Are you undergoing some throbbing toothache right now?
Calm yourself. Head to the kitchen, grab some garlic cloves and come along with me as I show you how to prepare simple home remedies to relieve you off the pain.
How to Use Garlic for Toothache Remedy?
There are different ways of preparing garlic remedy for a toothache. If you follow exactly what we say you’ll be able to get rid of toothache easily. We’ll look at each method separately to allow you to select the one that appeals to you most.
Garlic home remedies for toothache:
1. Using Garlic Clove to Relieve Toothache
This is the simplest form of remedy of garlic for a toothache. If you’re under severe tooth pain or have developed an inflammation, take a garlic clove and follow the directions below
- Cut the clove into two equal halves
- Place each half on either side of the affected tooth or swollen gums and rub gently for between 7-10 minutes
- Once you start feeling some pain relief, start chewing the cloves (engage the ailing tooth) to enable it to release more of its healing power or juice. (Expect some burning sensation when chewing the cloves)
- Finally, take out the cloves from your mouth and rinse with salty water (this helps eliminate the burning sensation).
2. Home-made Garlic Mouthwash Remedy for Tooth Pain
You can also make some garlic mouthwash to help relieve you the throbbing pain
Here’s how you should go about it:
- Crush 3-4 cloves in a clean cup
- Add a teaspoon of salt
- Add some hot water and stir the mixture well
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- Now take a mouthful of the mixture and swish it around the affected area of your mouth
- Repeating the swishing process as necessary
3. Garlic and Peanut Butter Toothache Remedy
Why peanut butter?
It contains a compound known as resveratrol, a natural antibiotic as well as antioxidant. Though peanut butter can be used on its own to alleviate tooth pain, its less effective compared to garlic. A mixture of the two will work more effectively to relieve you the throbbing tooth pain.
- Mix a teaspoon of peanut butter with equal amount of crushed garlic
- Liberally apply the paste on the affected tooth and leave it for a few minutes
- Rinse with warm salt water to get rid of the burning sensation
4. Garlic and Salt Home Remedy for Toothache
Salt finds it use in this remedy since it helps draw out the infection as well as kill the bacteria present.
- Simply sprinkle some salt on a garlic clove and then crush it to obtain a fine paste
- Apply the paste directly onto the affected tooth
NB: Be mindful of the amount of paste you apply on your tooth as too much of it will result in a stronger burning sensation.
- Leave the paste for several minutes and the rinse with warm water
How Effective is Garlic for Toothache?
Have you already tested the above remedies for your toothache? If not, you’re probably wondering if garlic actually takes away your throbbing tooth pain.
So, does garlic really work?
Let’s find out…
Garlic is composed of a compound known as Allicin. This is the chemical released when garlic is cut or crushed and it’s responsible for the herb’s strong healing properties. It is what makes garlic a great natural antibacterial and anesthetic.
As a natural aesthetic, garlic will effectively work on the affected teeth to alleviate you the pain you’re undergoing.
What about its antibacterial properties? They help destroy the bacteria responsible for the infected tooth. If you use garlic, you may end up getting some bad breath. Here’s how to get rid of garlic breath, in case you want to know.
How Effective is Garlic for Toothache While Pregnancy?
Tooth pain is common among pregnant women. It is mainly caused by hormonal imbalances that occur in their bodies. Other causes include calcium deficiency, gum disease, wisdom teeth, swollen gums, etc.
Pregnant women are cautioned from using various types of medications, including over the counter pain relievers, as they can affect the developing child in their wombs.
Fortunately, garlic is a natural pain reliever and will go a long way in taking away their tooth pain without causing any harm to their developing babies.
Why Use Garlic for Toothache?
Garlic works. Period.
It relieves you of your tooth pain and will, therefore, be of great help when the dentist is out of reach.
However, note that garlic only relieves you pain but does not cure the root cause if the pain. After using a garlic remedy for toothache therefore, make it a point to visit your dentist for further help.
Garlic is a great natural pain reliever that easily takes away your throbbing tooth pain. The burning sensation you’ll experience when using garlic is worth it. In the end, your pain will be taken away.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/ibreathbad/public_html/wp-content/themes/focusblog/inc/configs/theme-options.php on line 384